On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 12:39 +0300, Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please file a documentation bug into Maemo Bugzilla.  We need this
> documented.  Handling of removable medias, especially with file systems
> as easily corrupted as FAT, needs special care from applications
> (stop using files when pre-unmount message is delivered on them so
> that unmounts succeed, do better error handling etc.)

Ah, so that's the GnomeVFSVolumeMonitor::volume_pre_unmount signal?
Thanks for that tip.

I'm using the GnomeVFSVolumeMonitor to detect the presence of the card
so far. For instance, see the rather unpleasant code in
volume_path_is_mounted() here:
https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/scmsvn/viewcvs.php/modest/trunk/src/modest-tny-account-store.c?root=modest&view=markup

I also respond to the GnomeVFSVolumeMonitor signals to detect actual
mounting and unmounting in on_vfs_volume_mounted() and
on_vfs_volume_unmounted() in the same file.

It's probably not a good example, but I don't know of a better one.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com