Hi,

We received a report from Daniel Kitta about problems when downloading the
Maemo 4.0 beta SDK. Fortunate for us, he also pointed us exactly what is the
problem --- HTTP pipelining. We have now updated the installer to disable
pipelining, so you should be now able to download our latest and greatest SDK
without any more hickups.

With some digging, we found out that our old version of apt-get has a problem
with HTTP pipelining and server closing connection. We couldn't reproduce the
problem inside our corporate network, as it seems that our proxy was hiding the
problem from us. Now we have verified the installation without the proxies, and
will do so in the future releases.

Unfortuntely disabling pipelining has made SDK downloading somewhat slower. We
will look into updating apt-get in Scratchbox and re-enabling HTTP pipelining
as the real solution.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks a lot, Daniel!

Best regards,
Terje Bergström
Maemo 4.0 SDK Project Manager