On 9/20/07, Jesse Guardiani <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does maemo have anything like FAM or Gamin that tells us if watched
> files or dirs have changed?
>
> I'm trying to improve Kagu's media scanning capabilities and it seems
> that the best thing to do would be to get a notification of some sort
> when a new file arrives, scan it, and act appropriately.

Don't both of those tools just tell you which files changed between
subsequent scheduled scans? You still have to waste a buch of disk and
cpu time on scanning and generating checksums on each file.

I think that what you are looking for comes with inotify ... but I am
not sure how you hook into that or if it is even available on the
N800/770. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inotify

Could you not just look at the mtime of your monitored music
directories on start up and compare it to what it was last time? That
should tell you if files were added/removed/changed ... unfortunately
you still have to scan to see which ones.

BTW ... Kagu is very nice. I have started using it as my default music
player. Thanks.

/Mike