2007/10/3, Kalle Valo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> "ext Kalle Vahlman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >> But it might that you were just lucky this time. If only two channels
> >> are scanned, most of the time the driver won't be able to associate
> >> because it can't find the AP. How many channels did it scan?
> >
> > On boot, it says two channels was scanned. Association hasn't failed
> > on me yet, so perhaps I'm a very lucky guy :P
>
> On what channel is your AP?

Seems to be channel 1. I realized that I have actually 3 AP:s at my
disposal right now and powered them on. The scan at boot still says it
scans only 2 channels, but the output actually shows all three of them
plus the one next door (the channels for the APs are 1, 6, 11, 13 so
that's not a problem either).

> > Running iwlist scanning by hand reports 13 channels afterwards though.
>
> That sounds normal.
>
> > And shows one result with zeroed values (I think I've seen
> > discussion on this bug though).
>
> What values were zero?

The result looks like this:

wlan0     Scan completed :
          Cell 01 - Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00
                    ESSID:""
                    Encryption key:off
                    Channel:0
                    Quality:95  Signal level:0  Noise level:161

This is in the same environment as above, so I'd expect to see four
APs instead of this one obviously broken.

> > On a related matter, I tried to build the modules from garage sources
> > and although it seemingly worked, replacing the modules on board left
> > me with non-functional wlan. Being a smart guy (not just lucky), I had
> > a way to go back to the original drivers of course.
>
> The umac.ko is an empty module, don't use that. Only use cx3110x.ko.

Good to know :)

> > I didn't yet dig deeper and gather logs (IIRC the firmware or driver
> > was resetting the chip after any commands to the interface), since I
> > wanted to know first if they are known to be compatible with the
> > current ITOS2007 release (initfs) or was it just me?
>
> Sources for ITOS2007 releases are available from repository.maemo.org.
> See my post here:
>
> https://garage.maemo.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=1236

Ah, I didn't spot that when I downloaded the sources. Building from
that tarball gave me a functional driver (well, apart from the
scanning thing).

Thanks again! :)

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]