> Pada hari Senin, tanggal 22/10/2007 pukul 22:43 +0200, ext Jordi Mas
> menulis:
> > - The possibility to register a new language in the system (the user can
> > switch to it).
>
> Let's start with this:
> https://maemo.org/community/wiki/i18n/
What's the idea of this page? Ask for a better way to do that or explain how do
you can do that?

As I say on a previous mail, if you want to add a new language in the system
the fast and simply way is:

   * Dowload the package posix-locales, modify debian/rules to add the locale
   you want to add, recompile the package and install it on the device.

   * Modify the extra-languages gconf property in order to see the new language
   on the osso-languageregional applet (to allow the user to select it):

    gconftool-2 -s "/apps/osso/applet/languageregional/available_languages" -t
list --list-type string "[gl_ES]"

But this allow the user to select the language as "gl_ES", very non-intuitive.
It
could be a good idea to document it, at least meanwhile we haven't a better
way to do that. Anyway, IMHO, this process should be improved, for example,
allow to configure languageregional in order to allow to add new endonyms.

Well, perhaps I'm wrong. There are a better way to register a new language
in the system?

===
API ([EMAIL PROTECTED])