PreS: moving this to maemo-developers since the target is clearly
developers.

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 17:59 +0000, ext Steve Greenland wrote:
> Well, that just means that there would need to be a single BTS for the
> extra repository, which would be a good thing. Expecting users to track
> down package specific bug trackers is absurd.
>
> I understand Nokia need to keep a separate repo and BTS for official,
> corporately supported, anything-else-will-make-your-tablet-explode
> packages. So the community needs a seperate repo and BTS. But there
> needs to be only one of these.

Well, I don't see as impossible to use an "Extras" product in
bugs.maemo.org clearly identified as third party applications if the
extras repository ends up being managed efficiently at a community
level.

I see the risks and concerns, but also the advantages. Opening yet
another bug tracking tool is something we should avoid imo.

The "good" thing is that we don't need to discuss this further now:
first we need to agree on a plan for extras.

--
Quim Gil - http://maemo.org