Hi,

ext Daniel Monteiro wrote:
> Hello folks,
> I have the following issue compiling my game for Maemo 2.2 (I know, its "old"
> stuff):
> After installing my game (http://angstron.garage.maemo.org) from the .deb,
> and tapping the game icon on the menu, my game runs...and then dies after
> some (~ 10) seconds.
> When running from x-terminal or the "system-monitor" applet, it runs flawless
> for any time I want. Where am I screwing it?
> (code @ http://bzk.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bzk/ )
> It cant be on the application itself , as I spent the last two months
> scrutinizing my code. Got lots of bugs out of it, but didnt solved this issue.
> This is the *last* issue to solve, and then "we can ship it" =-P
>
> How can you guys help me?

If you declare your application to provide a D-BUS service
in its .desktop file, it needs to provide that (register to
D-BUS etc), otherwise D-BUS thinks the application failed to
startup properly and terminates it.

Easiest is to fix your .desktop file.  For apps that are run
as D-BUS services, the daemon guarantees that there's only
one instance of the service running (it starts a service only
if one isn't already running), which can be nice too.

        - Eero