On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 11:55:43AM -0500, Igor Tkach wrote:
> Any chance we will get Python bindings for HIM some day?

I'm currently writing an input widget in python, and intend to
eventually write HIM bindings to integrate it properly with Maemo's
input system. That is, unless someone gets there first. I don't foresee
any particular difficulties.

Incidentally, how can one write a replacement for the thumb pad? It
seems to be essentially a full-screen window with its own small
editing space, whose contents get sent to the application when the
thumb pad is closed. This much is straightforward. But the thumb pad's
editing window is initialized with a portion of text from the text
widget into which we are entering text. How is this done?

Lauri