Simon Pickering schrieb:
>>> We do already have a Linux Ti toolchain (
>>> https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/targetcontent/LinuxDspTools/index.html)
>>>  which is for the C55x only (i.e. is useful to us). I'm not sure the
>>> release of another (similar afaict) toolchain for the C54x will make any
>>> odds to us (except perhaps that Ti are embracing open source developers
>>> :).
>> Well the EULA says that it should be used only with TI development board
>>    (without exact definition what it is) so I am not sure that open
>> source code can be compiled with it and result published for usage with
>> 770 or N8x0 even if our tablets contain silicon made by TI and it is
>> non-profit. Perhaps more friendly licencing terms similar to this C54x
>> toolchain would be nice to have for our C55x toolchain too.
>
> Good point.

I had a quite longish discussion with TI DSP OSS support about a year
ago. And after some weeks of back an forth the guy said, that they (TI)
would have no problem with open source code being developed with this
toolchain and even binary versions of the code being redistributed - as
long as noone makes money from using the toolchain, I guess.

I also explicitely pointed him to this "development board" exception in
the license agreement and his reaction was more or less "as long as you
use it with TI CPU it is fine", which would be hard not to do ;)

Here is the final full quote from Thomas Maughan from TI:
---
Nils,

I've got quite a busy schedule right now - here's the quick answer.

Providing source and binaries that are your work is OK - just don't post
the tools themselves.   Your posts would only then be useful to those
that are equipped with the same Linux DSP Tools which means they've
installed and agreed to the license.

Best regards,

Thom
---

> Simon
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535