On Friday 23 November 2007 4:20:00 am Sebastian Mancke wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Kees Jongenburger schrieb:
> > On Nov 22, 2007 5:58 PM, Dave Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hey All,
> >>
> >> I've got the modified kernel image for usb host mode, but before I go
> >> ahead and try it, what kind of cable hacking is sufficient? I'd assume I
> >> could just purchase a USB extension cord (A-type to A-type recepticle),
> >> hack off the A-type and stick on a micro-USB connector.. but doesn't it
> >> require external power?
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I have measured the vbus voltage and it was only  about 3 volt a
> > opposed to what would be required (5 volt) (there is no active voltage
> > pump).
> > I guess you will often need an external power(if possible just buy
> > yourself a usb gender changer
> > and plug the tablet into a powerd hub).
> >
> > While the patches are available is have not hear of anybody getting
> > the n800 to work in usb-host mode.
> > can somebody confirm a working usb-host on n800 or n810 perhaps?
>
> We are using the n800 usb-host mode in a productive project.
> It works absolutely reliable. Smaller devices like an USB Keyboard or
> the Silabs USB Serial converter (CP2102) can be used without additional
> power supply. For bigger devices (external hard disc, USB-Network
> adapter) you have to use a powered USB hub, of course.
>
> Regards,
>   Sebastian
>
> > greetings

I have a Nokia cell phone without bluetooth, but I also have a USB cable for
it. When plugged into a Linux box, it can work as a modem. I was hoping to
try and get this functionality working on the n800... I'd assume it'll take
some hacking. So to confirm.. I can use the cable that comes with the n800
(USB-A to USB mini-A) and attach a USB-A gender changer to it?

One more question... where/how would I get the stock kernel so that I can
re-flash it if the usbhost kernel messes anything up?

Thanks!

--
Dave Sullivan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]