Hi everybody,

I installed OS 2008 two days ago. It is a very nice upgrade. Thank you
to all go have been involved.

The only real annoyance that I have experienced is the different
behaviour of  how the "up" and "down" hardware keys behave inside the
Web browser.

In OS 2007, whenever the currently displayed area of the page did not
have any links, pressing the down key will just scroll down a little
bit. If there was a link below, it will jump to that link.

The current behaviour jumps from link to link, regardless of where in
the page they are.  Once has to scroll with the other hand.

Jumping from link to link makes for very erratic behaviour, too.

I presume this is a result of moving from the Opera engine to the
Mozilla one, and it might be difficult to implement this feature
exactly the same.

But it would be nice to switch the behaviour of Up and Down to be more
like Up and Down in the computer: just scroll. Or even better, provide
both and let the user choose.

I suspect there is a configuration file somewhere that tells the
browser what to do when the user presses the up/down key?

thank you!

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/