addon:
executable "pkg-config" indeed exists and is linked to the host-system.

I solved this problem, by faking a pkg-config package (empty packages with
pkg-config-description) and installed it via 'dpkg -i'.
Then 'apt-get install libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev' worked and I
compiled my gstreamer-plugin now!

Looks like this is actually a bug in the installer-script (should
pkg-config be "installed" via a virtual empty package?)

This had been an issue before in Jan 2007, it seems:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/maemo/developers/14191

Any comments? Does nobody use gstreamer-dev? Can anyone confirm this
behaviour?

Johannes