Hello!

> But I am not able to add these images to the deb package and because of
> that when i am installing the
> application on device , the images are not appearing.

See

http://illumination.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/illumination/trunk/PushIt/

and especially

http://illumination.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/illumination/trunk/PushIt/Makefile.am?revision=1577&view=markup

how to install images into the package using autoconf tools. In this
case the make file itself gets the information that these images are
part of the packaging, so that a "make install" in the debian rules file
(http://illumination.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/illumination/trunk/PushIt/packaging/maemo/rules?revision=1595&view=markup)
will install a the right place.

Using something like

PushIt_CXXFLAGS=-I. $(ILLUMINATION_CFLAGS) -DAPP_DATADIR=\"$(pkgdatadir)\"

in your Makefile.am you can pass the top level pkg data directory to the
application (see
http://illumination.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/illumination/trunk/PushIt/src/Makefile.am?revision=1577&view=markup).

Hope this helps.

The debian rules files also shows how to install application icons. For
this also take a look at the postinst file:

http://illumination.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/illumination/trunk/PushIt/packaging/maemo/pushit.postinst?revision=1595&view=markup

--
Gruß...
        Tim