Hi,

This is not an official explanation, but it is what I think is happening...

Apparently, the maemo server was taken down for maintenance and stupid
Akamai cached this state. Now that the maemo server is back online,
Akamai still serves the error pages. This could be because the maemo
error page did not return an HTTP error code, but looks like a valid
HTML page (status code 200). If this is the case, how should Akamai
know that it's caching bogus?

If you access maemo.org with any prefix other than the Akamai-cached
"repository", you can circumvent the Akamai cache and get to the real
server. If too many people did this, we might experience server outage
again...

Cheers,
Martin