On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 01:08:02PM +0200, Gabriel Schulhof wrote:

> While libpurple's protocol support is now available via our chat app
> THANKS TO TELEPATHY-HAZE, the pidgin-otr package on Maemo extras is
> strictly a Pidgin user interface plugin, rather than a protocol plugin.

Darn, so we're no closer to OTR support then. I was hoping for a free ride!

> Thus, a second user interface would have to be written for OTR to work
> with an application other than Pidgin.

Not sure what you mean by a second user interface...

IIRC pidgin-otr is based on libotr (http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/) so I
guess we're still back to the drawing board with bug 1921 and integration
of libotr within the existing maemo IM/chat framework. Any takers?

/olle