On Sunday 27 January 2008 17:15:24 nisha jain wrote:
> Is above output is correct??

It looks right to me.

> # Add here commands to configure the package.
> touch configure-stamp
> dh_testdir
> # Add here commands to compile the package.
> /scratchbox/tools/bin/make
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/maemo/my-application-1.0.0'
> make[1]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/maemo/my-application-1.0.0'
> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

You have to edit the debian/rules file -- despite its name, it is effectively
a makefile.  You need to make sure that building the target called "build"
will build your program and that building the target called "install" will
install the program into the correct directories under debian/tmp (for
example, putting the binary in debian/tmp/usr/bin/).  It also uses a "clean"
target to make sure the directories are clean before it starts.

dh_make has created a debian/rules which will handle everything **IF** your
source directory includes a Makefile which works that way.  It also warned
you that there was no such Makefile.  You have three options:

1) edit debian/rules to put the required commands to build your program in
the "build" target instead of the $(MAKE) put there by dh_make, and put the
required commands to copy your files into the right directories under
debian/tmp in the "install" target instead of the $(MAKE) command.  You
should also implement the "clean" target.

2) create a Makefile in your source directory which implements
the "clean", "build" and "install" targets which dh_make is expecting.

3) use a build system like autoconf/automake which can generate the required
Makefile for you.

If your application is simple to build (just 2 or 3 commands), the first
option may be easiest.  This can also be used if the application has an
existing shell script used for building it (e.g. some applications have a
shell script called "bootstrap").  Just make sure that by the time
the "build" and "install" targets of the debian/rules file have been built,
the required files are in the right places under debian/tmp.

Graham