"ext Andrea Grandi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi,
>
>> My guess is that your router 100 ms beacon interval and DTIM is 2. If
>> you change DTIM to 1 the latency would be a bit less, but power
>> consumption would increase.
>
> I didn't change any value on the router

No, DTIM 2 is a good default setting. But you can change it, if you
want decrease latency on your network.

> but yes, if I disable power management on my N810, the ping time is
> around 2 ms. Anyway I've no problem when I use my N810 to browse
> internet, make calls ecc...

That's normal. When you are making a connection FROM N810 packets can
be sent immeadiately to the air.

> I've these problems only when I try to connect from my notebook to
> it trough ssh.

Here N810 needs to woken up by sending the packet TO N810, and that
can only happen in DTIM beacon (the only time radios are turned on
while device is otherwise idle). That's why PSM is slow.

--
Kalle Valo