I have N810 with OS2007.50.2 installed.

During last week I tried to get Polish keymap for hardware keyboard. Used
ukeyboard by Jiri Benc with my fast-hacked Polish keymaps. But it was not
what I wanted to get.

I can live with English on-screen keyboard as it gives Polish national
chars on accents subpages. But to have Polish hardware keyboard I need to
have also Polish onscreen keyboard (according to that how I undestand
documentation). So I created one, compiled with vkb compiler and put on
device.

For hardware keyboard I created one which use Compose (Chr) key to enter
national chars. But on N810 Compose key is already intercepted for all
national chars...

So questions time:

1. How to edit list of national chars so with my keymap (or my package so
postinst script magic can be) Chr+o will be "รณ" (and then rest of
national keys if repeated)?

2. Will there be a way to use additional keymaps for hardware keyboard
without replacing Control Panel -> Regional settings with ukeyboard one?

3. Will there be a way to select more then one layout for hardware
keyboard? With onscreen something like that is possible.

Why, why N810 has two LShift keys instead of LShift and RShift...

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

        "To be or not to be that is the question.":
         every programmer knows the answer $2b or (not $2b) is $ff.