Hello Community,

I'm new to this list and couldn't find this topic in the archive.

We have Nokia 770s in use as web-clients for an intranet application.
The tablets are mount stationary on the users desks and connected to
power permanently. Their only job is to connect to a pre-defined WLAN
and view a pre-defined website - nothing else.

We realized that the tablets slow down in general after some days as
they are turned on and connected to the WLAN permanently.
Any idea about the reason?

I also have this idea about a reduced system that starts in a kind of
kiosk mode: auto-connect to this one and only WLAN, showing the
webbrowser in full screen with a pre-defined home-url, with no
possibility to leave the browser. Any other built-in applications
(mail, chat, calculator, pdf-reader, media-player, etc) are removed
from the system.
I hope for more stability and speed with this.
With an image of such a reduced system I also only have to flash it to
all the new clients instead of configuring them by hand.
Does anyone know such a solution?

Another thing I can't find a solution for is to turn of the sleep-mode
completely and avoid the screen to turn of the light.
Any ideas for this?

Thanks a lot.