"ext Nadav Aharony" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Second issue- controlling the WLAN connection
> From my reading I saw that for the networking stuff I would need to
> connect to "wlancond" and to "ICD". I saw discussions about them not
> being open source, but that there is some API available.

icd is closed but wlancond is open. You can find wlancond sources from
osso-wlan package:

http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo4.0/free/source/o/osso-wlan/

> Could anyone direct me to those APIs and some way to use them
> through Python?

This might help you:

http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/maemo_connectivity_guide.html

> Can I have access to all of the settings that are possible through
> the network configuration GUI application?

The network settings are stored to GConf. I don't remember the exact
location, but it should be quite easy to find them.

> Is there any example of setting WLAN connection and IP settings
> (e..g static IP address) through python?

Create a new network connection (aka. IAP) to GConf and connect to
that IAP using libconic.

--
Kalle Valo