Hi Eero,

I tried reducing the hierarchy and it helped, but I am still trying to
reduce it further. Currently I am using 24 bit png (24 bit bmp converted to
png) images for all image widgets. Will it help if I use 8-bit bitmaps
(converted to png) to lighten the UI? Is there any other image format
supported by Maemo/GTK which would make it lighter?

Thanks for the help,
Lomash