On Wed 05 Mar 2008 10:11, Frantisek Dufka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Tomi Ollila wrote:
>> Hi
>> Does osso_xterm support a bitmap font wrapped in a sfnt (TrueType or
>> OpenType wrapper)?
>> I tried the following command:
>> fonttosfnt -v -o fatFixedBitmap.ttf fat7x16-iso10646-1.bdf
>> fat8x16-iso10646-1.bdf
>> ( above files available at http://www.iki.fi/too/sw/fatXfonts/ )
>> then moved fatFixedBitmap.ttf to /home/user/.fonts (on both 770 and
>> N800)
>> and rebooted the tablets (somewhat different xterms on OS2006 and OS2008).
>> Now both allows me to choose 'fatFixed' font on osso_xterm
>> configuration
>> window but all I get is blank characters on xterm window when this font
>> is chosen (any point size).
>
> Maybe you did not hit the correct size. I got this one (google for
> Terminus font, you may need to use cache if page with links is not
> available)
>
> http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/unsorted/Terminus.ttf
> http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/unsorted/TerminusBold.ttf
>
> and it shows blank characters except one specific size (use zoom keys
> to find it).

I tried quite a lot of different font sizes and zoom levels on 770
and N800. On 770 8pt, -8 zoom I got 2x2 pixel glyphs (unreadable of course)
up to 11pt, some minus zoom levels I got the same, anything bigger just
blank... no N800 with a subset of the same font sizes and zoom levels I got
1x1 pixel glyphs on screen... well, let's see if I investigate this further.

> See also
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17002 for
> screenshots. This made my xterm very pleasant to my eyes (finally).

I'll have to test how well my eyes handle that font on internet tablets.

> Frantisek

Thanks,

Tomi