Thanks Edgar for your kind reply.

from
http://code.google.com/soc/2008/

 We are now  accepting  applications from open source projects who would like
to act as  mentoring organizations for 2008,...

Please tell me how an open source project can be considered as an organization ?
Personally, you an run manu open source projects.
Does it really makes you an organization under terms set by Google ?

I tried hard to join maemo with 2 of my projects.
Unfortunately, I couldn't log in so have to move to another place.

As maemo stays for Nokia, does it mean Nokia was acting as a mentoring
organization in 2007 ?

Is maemo a legal person, officially registered entity, incorporated company,
officially founded association ?

How can I join Google SoC 2008 with my projects ?
Do I really have to act as a mentoring organization ?
If Google interested in third party filed projects ?

Please tell me more details how it works.

Darius

Edgar Lakis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hello everybody,

I'm just very curious if Maemo have plans to participate as mentor organization
in Google SoC 2008?

I just think, If Maemo is going to participate, it could be useful to spread
this information in advance, to get more people interested and involved. So,
are there no "rumors" regarding SoC 2008 on purpose (because it is not know if
any project slots will be allocated for Maemo by Google this year)? Or, maybe,
subject is just discussed in some other place?

Please shed some light on this...

Regards,