I have Fedora Core 4 at home (OK, OK, but it still works, and I spent
some time messing with kernel modules for onboard sound and bcrypt.. I
upgrade when I get new hardware, or if it gets too painful not to...)

I ran maemo-scratchbox-install_4.0.1.sh, which worked brilliantly and I
can port stuff to my N810 (note to self and others - if you are stupid
enough to try and delete /scratchbox without unmounting
/scratchbox/users/<user>/dev, run MAKEDEV in /dev to get your disks back
before you need to reboot ....)

http://tabletsdev.maemo.org/chinook/INSTALL.txt refers
to Xephyr, which I can't find with yum. (FC4 doesn't have apt-get)

I could build the hello-world graphical app, which ran OK in my raw X11.
I also can use Xnest, which is included with FC4, and simple things
work in that. But when I try "af-sb-init.sh start", I get various errors.

Is there Xephyr for FC4 ? Or some source which doesn't need a ton of
libraries I don't have ?
Or is it possible to run Hildon in Xnest with the right parameters ?

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)