Hello Andrew, I found your post very interesting.
The moost apealing idea I find is the community maintained hackkers edition.
did the maemo people do anything wrong in that aspect?

I don't really see what there is to learn from what SUN is doing. What
I see is a
platform that has grown and that I would call mature and perhaps a
little borring?

greetings