On Tue, May 20, 2008, olle wrote:
> > > "then" being 0.9.8c-1 released 17 Sep 2006. If your key is older
> > > than that you are not affected by this issue.
> >
> >  You are if you used your keys with an affected OpenSSL.
>
> No. If your key was generated before the bug was introduced, it is
> most definately not affected. You could potentially still have a
> problem if you use your (non predictable) key with a signature
> scheme like DSA that needs randomness, though.

 If you use a *RSA* key generated before the bug was introduced, you
 might not be affected, but if you used a *DSA* key on an affected
 system, you are affected, even if it was generated 5 years ago.

 I wanted to correct the statement "If your key is older than that you
 are not affected by this issue.": there is no age limit at least for
 some keys.  When in doubt, people should please check upstream
 resources such as: <http://wiki.debian.org/SSLkeys>.

   Thanks,
--
Loïc Minier