Hi,

my application (gpxview) is using gtkhtml2. Now i'd like to integrate my
application
into the hildon help framework. Once the help file is there and is accessible,
my application just crashes when the help system should pop up (e.g. when
clicking the question mark on my test dialog).

I figured out it's pretty simple to reproduce this problem as it seems to be
caused simply by the presence of libgtkhtml2.

In order to reproduce the problem in scratchbox you just need to do the
following:

- Follow the instructions to build the help_framework demo from the howto

http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/4-x/help_framework_howto.html

(which btw doesn't fully work since the colorchooser itself is not a dialog and
thus just
doesn't display, but that's a different issue and can be ignored here). The
resulting program
will give you a help dialog when clicking the "Help" button (don't forget to
copy the example.xml
to /usr/share/osso-help/en_GB). Fine :-)

- Then just add the libgtkhtml-2.0 to the compiler/linker call:

gcc `pkg-config --cflags --libs hildon-1 libosso hildon-help libgtkhtml-2.0` -o
example_help_framework example_help_framework.c

This will compile fine, but the resulting binary core-dumps once you click the
help button.

How is this to be resolved?  I could build my own help system based on gtkhtml,
but that's imho
not how it should be ...

Till