Cool, I'm glad this idea has developed.  So what do you think about
opening up each term as a way for a developer to lead the whole team?
Kind of like our periodic Steve Jobs that helps to steer the project
for the term and heads development.  If we get enough in support this
person could even get some of the donations to the project as a sort
of head developer.  It would be like an open source vacation. :)

I really think we could open up positions in a way that would be
filled by volunteers, but more similar to how a commercial or
non-profit project is run.  As I've said, I'm totally interested in
taking a creative directive role and helping to guide interface
development, icons, themeing, etc.  I also have ideas for innovating
in terms of industrial design.

That's my piece,

Paul