On Tue, 2008-08-05 at 10:38 +0200, Benoît HERVIER wrote:
> If i understand Sonata MDP is a Python GTK application, if nothing
> need to be compiled, you can use py2deb to build a debian source
> package that can be used by the autobuilder. I use it to build
> mCalendar, Home* applet ...
>
> It s available in the extras-devel repository.
>
> And you can use it on a nit :)
>
> You need to set your gpg key and ssh rsa key on the nit and the maemo
> repository.
>
> To use it :
>
>     import py2deb
>     __version__ = "0.5.8"
>     __build__ = "1" # Result is "0.5.8-1"
>     p=Py2deb("myuberpackage")
>     p.description="Best Package !"
>     p.author="Benoît HERVIER"
>     p.mail="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
>     p.depends = "python2.5-runtime"
>     p.section="user/programming"
>     p.arch="any"
>     p.urgency="low"
>     p.distribution="diablo"
>     p.repository="extras-devel"
>    #Here installation of files :
>     p["/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages"] =
> ["py2deb.py","py2tar.py","py2dsc.py","py2changes.py","md5hash.py"]
>     p["/usr/bin"] = ["py2deb.launch"]
>
>     print p
>     print
> p.generate(__version__,__build_,tar=True,dsc=True,changes=True,build=False,src=True)
>
> This will open a xterm, and follow the instructions (there is many
> debug displayed thing) ... but to resume it ll ask two time to enter
> your gpg password to sign .dsc and .changes file ... and press some
> time enter key.
>
> Once xterm windows close, you can use extras assistant to upload your package.

Is there a reason it can't build the deb file?  It'd be nice to be able
to do it in one step instead of needing to use dpkg-buildpackage
afterward.  Otherwise this is a very nice tool!

Hm, does it support specifying a postinst script?  That's sort of
necessary to pop up a window asking for where the user wants to place
the application in the menus.

owen