Hi,

Ryan Abel wrote:
>> Could something like "for information on ITOS 2007 and newer, see
>> the new wiki at wiki.maemo.org" be automatically added to the beginning
>> of each of the old wiki pages?
>>

> This is a good plan, there was some discussion around it a while ago, but I
> don't know what the result ever was.

Yes, the intention was to add a header to the top of all wiki pages
saying that the wiki had definitively moved, and that the old wiki was
locked.

The wiki got locked, but the deprecated message was only added to the
front page.

>> I just added a note to:
>>     http://wiki.maemo.org/Root_access#OpenSSH
>>
>> about SSH X forwarding needing the "xauth" package and finding
>> the correct(?) page could have been easier...
>>

> Well, um, that really isn't the correct page for information like that at
> all. A large part of the reason you weren't able to find up-to-date ssh info
> on the new wiki is because it really isn't there. Somebody should probably
> put one together.

If there is content in the old wiki which should be moved (after all, I
exercised some editorial judgement on content that was of a good enough
quality to move), then please move & edit it. It's better to create
useful new pages than to refer to the deprecated wiki.

In general, one-line wiki pages aren't very welcome :) Perhaps a page
about SSH in general, which talks about X relaying, but also (say) how
to set up an ssh tunnel, etc?

--
maemo.org docsmaster
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]