Little out of topic. Just talk about the stylus.

<..snip...>

> So then the barrier is stylus usage.  Why do we want a
> stylus?  The cold weather, physical and/or mental comfort, or
> difficulty performing certain tasks with fingers only?

yes, why do we need stylus? If someone wore the  gloves, could him sieze it OK?
why not use some on-screen cursors (like the snipper sight) as that on PC? And
the on-screen cursor's scope can do zoom in/out, it's extremly useful for map
location, and other high-precision location needed applications, Actually,
maemo can not display some ballon tips (since it's dont have the mouse-over
event), and make me sad while browsing. It might be a great reduce of user
experience.

Joke, let's see, ^lol^

a.z