Hello!

A few questions about DBus-based features under maemo.

I would like to enhance several applications with the following dbus stuff:
* Show list of available networks in WifiInfo using dbus calls (because
querying the kernel interface directly seems to interfere with the
"normal" operation).
* I would like to get information about current network connectivity and
trigger network connectivity on demand. This can be implemented by using
libconic.
* Later on possibly connect to other services and get other events...

The problem is, that I'm not an Gtk application. So there are IMHO two
possibilities:
* Generate a separate thread that uses a glib main event loop and try to
get libosso and libconic to run using this event loop - communication
with the rest of my application using thread synchronisations. Would
that work?
* I already have a dbus event loop running as part of my internal event
loop. However this is not glib main-loop based, so I would not be able
using libooso, libconic and similar, but have to get the direct dbus
calls from their sources (having to adapt code every time the dbus
interface changes).

So here are the questions:
* Does anybody have experience with non-gtk applications and can
recommend on of the two ways?
* Is there any code for accessing the list of wlan access points via dbus?
* How can I develop and test against thus dbus services using scratchbox
developemnt environment. Are there fake-services configured that can be
started and return "enough to test" results.
* Is LibLocation also DBus based? How can I access GPSD from non-Gtk
applications? How can I test accessing the GPS functionality formt eh
scratchbox environment. Is there also a fake-service?

All information is based on Diablo reference manual.

--
Gruß...
       Tim