On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Mrukant Popat wrote:

> Dear Friends,
>
> I am working on an application that uses the photos clicked by camera
> ('camera' application version 3.5 on N810 ) and sends it over the network.

There is already an app "gpscamera" which uploads photos over the
network. But I was unable to rebuild it, though the binary works on my
N810.

I made an app from the code in the example directory, just to take a
photo using the F5 key on the N810 (usually mapped to fullscreen), as the
camera faces the same way as the keyboard and screen and I want a picture
of something that's not my face.
But it's not as fast as "camera", which is annoying.
http://andrew.triumf.ca/N810/repository/dists/chinook/user/sources/f5camera.c
http://andrew.triumf.ca/N810/repository/dists/chinook/user/binary-armel/f5camera.deb

(N810 workaround for "camera" - slide out the keyboard, select "take
picture" in the file menu, position your finger over the middle
button on the joypad, point the tablet at the subject as best you can,
and depress your finger. But the camera is pretty awful, really - mine
comes out yellow in low light, apart from being only 300kpix. Only
sometimes any camera is better than no camera.)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376  (Pacific Time)