On Oct 24, 2008, at 5:25 PM, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> The reader application must not blank the screen while reading; I've
> the
> feeling fbreader lacks the feature maemo-mapper already knows about:
> if
> in full-screen mode, keep screen contents visible.

Hopefully as a toggle-able option, of course. :) I frequently read
until I fall asleep, and having the tablet glaring in my eyes while
I'm sleeping is less than ideal.

moreDimmingOptions[1] might be a good way to side step the issue for
you for now. (By the way, does anybody want to help the maintainer get
his package into Extras? He was having some trouble last time I
asked. . . .)

[1]http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/moredimmingoptions/

--
Ryan Abel