----- Original message -----
First, I assume you mean before pushing it into the STABLE repository.

No.  Extras-Devel is for betas, unstable, and things which aren't
ready for the general user to access.

If I have something there I usually if not always leave a note to TURN
THE REPOSITORY OFF after grabbing my code or doing any updates.

Trying to recurse to extras-devel-devel extras-devel-devel-devel by
other names is not going to help.

If bleeding edge user is not willing to wait one or two weeks for the
software to be promoted to extras and is not willing to invest the
time and effort of dealing with active pre-release repositories
(consider MS service pack betas or Ubuntu alphas or nonstandard
updates) there is nothing reasonable to be done.

Extras-devel is already a safety system, and an effective one when
used properly.

The user has the options:
1. Wait until it is officially promoted to Extras
2. Learn to deal with having Extras-Devel active (maybe a FAQ or HOWTO
would help)
3. Blow themselves up.

So, basically, your solution is 'do nothing because people should know better'?
It doesn't matter what you tell people, they'll leave it enabled anyway.

Why WOULDN'T you do something if there's a reasonably simple software solution?