I would like to do this too.  Perhaps on the "promote" page, you could
add a "delete"?  The Autobuilder's new requirement that the number
always INCREASE (and according to debian package sort order, not just
being different) means that there is a lot of clutter, and because I
didn't name them right (since I started BEFORE the autobuilder had
this requirement, and it wasn't made clear they needed to be newer
under debian rules), my "pre"-s are considered "newer" than the actual
release versions.  I know how to fix things now, but I still have a
lot of junk and misnumbered entries.

If you want a "do nothing" update, you could repackage a working
version with a newer number than the one currently in extras-devel.