On Tue, 2009-03-17 at 08:37 +0100, ext Henrik Hedberg wrote:
>     Hi,

Hi,

>     How is Clutter supposed to work in applications in Fremantle? Will
> the Clutter-GTK library be included in the final SDK?
>
>     I have tried to run a Clutter application that works in desktop
> environment. It compiles fine, but nothing happens when starting it in
> the Alpha SDK. Also, even the simplest example application from
> Programming with Clutter tutorial does not work [1].
>
>     Is this somehow related to this statement: "It is assumed that we
> will have only one OpenGL drawing context, and thus a single process
> running in the system will be using Clutter at a time. This process will
> be the window manager and the implementor of all challenging graphical
> UI effects on the screen." [2]

This we have assumed in the design, but it does not mean that multi-
context does not work. As Kate has already proven, multi-context works.
But as long as you have hildon-desktop running in the background, you
will not render directly to the screen even if you use
Clutter/QtGraphicsView/EGL+OpenGLES2.0/whatnot in your application. When
hildon-desktop is running, it is the only one drawing on the screen
(with the exception of XVideo). So, killing hildon-desktop is the only
way to get direct rendering to the screen at the moment. (We might have
something more elegant for this in the future...)

>     What is the trick to get a working Clutter stage in Fremantle
> application?

I don't know yet, I haven't had the time to play with it...

BR; Kimmo