I wanted to install and use Eclipse to develop for Maemo, so I
followed the directions to install ESbox using the links on
esbox.garage.maemo.org and get Eclipse Europa, PyDev and ESbox plugins
installed, and while they do appear to be installed successfully, I am
unable to select a SDK target. Specifically, going to Windows ->
Preferences and then selecting ESbox -> Installed Targets, I click on
the "New" button, and get an Error dialog: "No scratchbox 1 or
scratchbox 2 SDK was detected; cannot configure targets"

If I install the pre-made Eclipse with ESbox + PyDev, I select Windows
-> Preferences and then select Maemo -> Installed Targets, and it
shows "Remote Connections : Nokia Internet Tablet (unknown version
0.0)" and when I click on the "New" button, I get a "Cannot install"
dialog: "Cannot install targets for any of the detected SDKs".

This is an unusual issue since I can build and run Maemo applications
just fine in either the Diablo or Fremantle emulator for x86. Clearly
I have the SDKs installed. :-O

I have already searched Google but I only found one other person
reporting this issue and asking for help (with no response in their
case).

I am using scratchbox-core 1.0.13 and Maemo SDKs 4 and 5 under Ubuntu
8.10 (running inside of VMware). Scratchbox is installed at the
default location (/scratchbox) on the host's filesystem.

Does anyone know why ESbox is unable to identify my SDK?

Thanks.