Hi Kees,

 > Should we/I  start a small libsdl project on garage to address such
issues?

I am all for these issues being addressed. But I ran out of ideas. As
mailed previously the window manager seems to not notify every event (or
not all info for the event) and I also tried to listen to all dbus
signals but the sdl app does not seem to get them.

Tried it by creating an SDL thread that ran

   while(dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch(connection, -1));

or by calling dbus_connection_dispatch from the main loop. Still I do
not get the on/dimmed/off events.

So yes I would like to work on a solution but I need ideas where to
start looking.

regards,

--
Willem-Jan de Hoog