Hi,

ext Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> If they are "illegal" this needs to be clearly communicated in the
> Packaging Policy document so that packagers know what to name their
> packages. Currently the version naming is rather unclear and version
> strings like the one mentioned above is confusing at best. Can we
> encourage Nokia to work with Maemo to clarify and complete the Maemo
> Packaging Policy.

If there are updates you would want to get to the Maemo policy,
please put them to the updates wiki page:
   http://wiki.maemo.org/Task:Packaging_policy_proposed_changes

Before or after discussion on this list.

There was earlier (when policy was originally released) also some
discussion about minor updates people would want to the policy.
If somebody could go through the mailing list (all mails on policy
have "policy" in their subject) and add the suggestions to the
proposed changes page, this could speed up getting the policy
updated for Fremantle(/Mer/...).

Btw. We hope to get the next policy update out as a Debian package
which source package will contain the LyX sources for the policy
PDF file.

        - Eero

Ps. I added the "policy" keyword to the subject line of this mail too. :-)