Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:

> Yes, we have _HILDON_PORTRAIT_MODE_REQUEST and
> _HILDON_PORTRAIT_MODE_SUPPORT window properties (I think libhildon has
> convenience functions for setting them).  The request property makes
> hildon-desktop to rotate the screen using XRandR, _IF_ all other visible
> windows are ok with that.  If you don't have the support property or
> request property, it means that your window only supports the landscape
> mode.

   And if there is no convenience function in HildonWindow, then there
is naturally the source code of hildon-desktop. :) It contains a test
application called tests/test-portrait-win.c. Worth looking...

http://repository.maemo.org/pool/maemo5.0alpha/free/h/hildon-desktop/hildon-desktop_2.2.20-1.tar.gz

    BR,

    Henrik

--