ext Stefan Sayer <stefan.sa...@iptego.de> writes:

> In short: How do I
> make the update with Application Manager possible of two packages that
> depend on an exact version of a library package? I.e. package A version
> x.y and package B x.y depend both on package C x.y , but Application
> Manager refuses to update both at once (unlike what apt-get upgrade
> would do).

I think your only option is to remove that dependency on an exact
version so that the two applications are independently upgradeable.

That mean that you have to do some form of API management for your
library, that is a good thing as well, I'd say.

However, I would still call it a bug in the Application manager that it
can't handle this situation.  Please try enabling the "Use apt-get
algorithms" in red-pill mode.  What happens?