It is very easy to write C++ code that is usable by C compilers.
Considering there is apparently a notable demand for a C interface,
pushing for an enhancement request early in the project may be an
interesting thing to do. The code change is relatively minimal if
architectured correctly and would be beneficial to quite a few people
apparently.

I'm not teaching any experienced coder anything new here, and I don't
mean to preach to the choir, but for future reference:

#ifdef __cplusplus
  extern "C"
#endif
int foobar(int i);

http://developers.sun.com/solaris/articles/mixing.html#cpp_from_c

On 11/06/2009, Hubert Figuiere <h...@figuiere.net> wrote:
> On 06/11/2009 05:01 PM, Jamie Bennett wrote:
>> Forgive my ignorance but is it 10x longer to compile or 10x increment
>> in speed? Compilation speed is a matter of grabbing two coffee's
>> instead of one, run time speed is a matter of giving up completely.
>
> C code compiled by g++ isn't slower or faster. It should be the same.
> (I'm talking runtime speed here)
> Just because there seems to be another myth being entertained.
>
> Hub

Sent from my mobile device

question = ( to ) ? be : ! be;
      -- Wm. Shakespeare