On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 14:45 +0300, Tatu Lahtela wrote:
> Are there any examples on how I can access the addressbook via d-bus?
> By looking at the dbus-monitor logs I seet that interfaces such as
> org.gnome.evolution.dataserver.AddressBook are used, but I've had no
> luck getting anything out of them.
>
> If anyone has done it, a short example with e.g. dbus-send or code
> would be really appreciated on how I can e.g. get a list of my
> contacts.

Don't.  The DBus API to evolution-data-server isn't really stable (it
hasn't changed much recently but there are no assurances that it won't
change overnight) and if you do access it directly you'll need to
provide a vCard parser.  Just use libebook.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: r...@burtonini.com
                                          jabber: r...@burtonini.com