On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Attila Csipa<ma...@csipa.in.rs> wrote:

> A little background: Qt has *official* (=as in done and supported by
> themselves)
> support only for Java. All other binding are products of other companies

That's not true anymore, Qt software moved Jambi to "community support".

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/QT-Axes-Jambi-Possible-Future-as-Community-Project

> not available under the LGPL). Considering the (time) distance to Harmattan,
> for now I'd say the safest bet is to treat PyQt as community support with the
> option of paid support for generic Qt or PyQt issues (in case this is
> important for you because of the development of commercial software).

In any case, I don't think adding the sip files for any new Qt classes
that may appear probably isn't that hard (so the community burden is
tolerable).

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio