On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Amit Sethi<amit.pureene...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok the problem is resolved ...
> I changed the /etc/resolv.conf file on scratchbox
> Now as far as I understand the file /scratchbox/etc/resolv.conf is the
> one reffered by python2.3 and wget as in my case it was always same as
> /etc/resolv.conf
>
> the scratchbox file /etc/resolv.conf is linked to the file
> /scratchbox/users/[username]/targets/FREMANTLE_X86/etc/resolv.conf ...
> this is the file that we need to change as far as I understand.
>

> but question though why should they be reffering to different
> files(python2.5 and 2.3)??

See my previous post. Your target is probably mis-configured,
/etc/resolv.conf is NEVER used AFAIK.

This can be confirmed by running this command inside scratchbox X86 target:

strace -e open -f wget -q -O /dev/null www.google.com 2>&1  | grep resolv.conf

here it returns:

open("/scratchbox/etc/resolv.conf", O_RDONLY) = 4

> +1, I also think python2.5 should be made  standard

Even if sbox moved to python2.5, you would still need to use PyMaemo's
python if you plan to make sure your application work on the tablets,
because Scrathbox's python is supposed to be used only for internal
sbox tools and only sees the modules/extensions from
/scratchbox/tools/lib/python2.3

So pybluez/pygtk/etc. would not work.

Regards,
--