On Saturday 22 August 2009 09:37:46 Graham Cobb wrote:
> On Friday 21 August 2009 22:00:43 Jeremiah Foster wrote:
> > Well, you could pull it down from debian but there looks like there
> > will be a bit of dependency packaging as well. Take a look at its
> > package page on debian: http://packages.debian.org/lenny/libesd-alsa0
> > (libesd-alsa0 provides libesd).
>
> Can someone who understands the various sound systems comment on whether
> this would be a good idea?

I have done some reading and it seems that Pulseaudio supports ESD emulation.
>From reading the Pulseaudio info, it would be enough to have a real libesd
(apparently libesd expects to communicate with the ESD via a socket interface
which pulseaudio emulates).

However, there is no libesd for Maemo 5.  "esound" is the debian package which
builds libesd.  Anyone feel like volunteering to build a libesd from esound?
If not, I will have a go later once I have got the rest of GPE running on
Fremantle.

Graham