Kamen Bundev wrote:

> http://repository.maemo.org/pool/diablo/free/p/python-support/python-
support_0.6.4_all.deb

http://repository.maemo.org/extras/pool/diablo/free/libg/libgda3/libgda3-3_3.1.15-
maemo2_armel.deb

I certainly appreciate the suggestions because I am completely stuck.
However, when I try to install python-support using your link, I still get:

Nokia-N810-43-7:/home/user# dpkg -i python-support_0.6.4_all.deb
(Reading database ... 15843 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace python-support 1.0.2maemo1 (using python-
support_0.6.4_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement python-support ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-support:
 python-support depends on python (>= 2.3); however:
  Package python is not installed.
dpkg: error processing python-support (--install):
 python-support

Needless to say, Python is installed (version 2.5), despite the message.

libgda also does not install because libgda3-common is missing.  However, it
isn't clear to me that I need libgda.
--
Jeffrey Barish