Hi,

i have been asked to upload osm2go to extras-testing. It's not quite clear to
me how this is actually supposed to work. I see several possibilities:

1) Just upload something. Others will do some testing and i can upload
 a fixed version of they see problems. The new version will then go though
 the same testing again. This is how i think it was initially meant to work.

2) Upload only things that have gone through my own testing to increase
  the likeliness that it will go straight through testing without any problems.
  This is the way i will use it.

I see several problems with 1):

- If something broken doesn't pass the tests and i keep uploading new
  versions people will likely get tired of me and my perhaps perfect
  version will stay in testing forever because nobody wants to test my
  app over and over again

- If something broken actually passes the testing things get even worse
  as a bug fix has to go through testing again and the broken version will
  stay there until the bug fix passes testing

To me this means two things:

1) don't update too often, so people/testers don't get bored
2) put some extensive internal testing before promoting something
  to extras-testing

This also means that i will delay the promotion of  osm2go as i am currently
running my own tests.

I somehow think this is not the way it should work ... Any ideas how to use
it in a more efficient way?

Till