quim....@nokia.com wrote:
> Hi,

> The N900 comes without USB host mode. When I asked I was told that the
> limitation comes at hardware level.

The processor itself can support OTG.

Am I being told that if the kernel was working perfectly I could still
not use a program such as
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/usbcontrol/ to manually switch?

I have heard a rumor that perhaps USB is not well enough supported yet
in the kernel for OMAP3, though very unfortunately I have not taken time
to look at it.

If I could never ever use the n900 as a host that's absolutely terrible
and extremely disappointing from a development viewpoint.  It is no
better than other phones then for many possible applications.